1. How long have you worked for E21C?
I joined the E21C Trust as Executive Headteacher for the Primary Schools in September 2015 but worked previously for the Trust in a consultancy role.
2. What’s your background?
I was previously the Headteacher of Mottingham Primary School in Bromley.
3. What does your day-to-day job involve?
In my role as Executive Headteacher, I have a strategic overview of Primary education in the Trust and ensure the highest possible standards for every child. I support the Heads of School as well as working alongside staff, children and parents to ensure the best outcomes.
4. What’s your favourite part of the job?
I love hearing children speaking enthusiastically about school, their engagement in learning and their desire to do well in all aspects due to the inspiration they have received from staff. I also find it really rewarding to see the positive effect and impact a new initiative can have on the life of a school.
5. If you had to describe yourself in three words, what would they be?
Dedicated, determined and enthusiastic
6. What is your favourite saying?
In my teaching role, I always hold the saying, ‘Would I want my child in that class?’ My expectations and standards are extremely high and I expect the very best.
Outside of teaching, my favourite saying is, ‘Every journey begins with a single step.’
7. What would people be surprised to know about you?
I love horses and horse riding; I would love one day to own my own horse but it’s a distant dream!
8. What’s your biggest achievement?
Becoming Executive Headteacher!
9. What is the biggest reward your role has offered to date?
Having the privilege of being able to help provide an excellent education for so many children and development opportunities for staff.
10. What was your favourite subject when you were at school?