1. How long have you worked for E21C?
I started working for The Ravensbourne School as the Business Manager in 2006 and as part of this role helped to set up E21C when it was formed in 2011 and was appointed as a Trustee and more recently as COO.
2. What’s your background?
Prior to working for the Trust, I worked for 20 years in Retail Management working for Sainsbury’s and House of Fraser.
3. What does your day-to-day job involve?
One of the reasons I love my job is because I never know what is going to turn up at my door/on my desk each day! Anything to do with the running and growth of the Trust comes my way, along with the day to day running of our schools.
4. What’s your favourite part of the job?
The Variety – no two days are the same and I love to rise to the challenge.
5. If you had to describe yourself in three words, what would they be?
Meticulous, Focused, Determined.
6. What is your favourite saying?
That is what I am here for!
7. What would people be surprised to know about you?
In my spare time, I love to bake, make wedding and celebration cakes and I always have several knitting projects on the go!
8. What’s your biggest achievement?
The first successful Condition Improvement Fund Bid I submitted bought in nearly £1m to the school, which enabled us to install new windows, a new kitchen, a new 3G sports pitch and redecorate the great hall.
9. What is the biggest reward your role has offered to date?
Seeing the difference a successful project makes to the staff and the students – whether it is a lick of paint, new equipment or an extension of the building, it is great to be have been able to make a difference.
10. What was your favourite subject when you were at school?